24. October: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (24.OCT12)
14. October: General Conferende completed at Malta. No changes in the Board.
15 April: Working Conference completed in Krakow, Poland.
09. October: General Conferende completed and well arranged in Oostende with Dariusz Cymerys as a new member in the Board.
17. August: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (17.AUG11) is found under Downloads. Changes in Romania and UK.
01. July: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (01.JUL11) is found under Downloads. Changes in Finland
17. June: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (16.JUN11) is found under Downloads. A new page 3 has been added, and contains a checklist on what has been changed since prior editions. All page numbers are therfore shifted by one.
26. May: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (MAY11) is found under Downloads (page 3 lost..).
23. March: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (MAR11) is found under Downloads. A new page 3 has a checklist on what has been changed since prior edition.
04. february: Keith Negal, our former president of EMF peacefully passed away.
The funeral will take place on 22. of february. Our condolences and thoughts go to Shirley, his wife.
25. october: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (NOV10) is found under Downloads.
14. october: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe(OCT10) is found under Downloads.
For the workshop on 19.OCT “Hawk/EASA Workshop on the RIA Options for ELA 1” we post these four documents:
03. october: A new board was elected after a successful meeting at Hotel Maritime in Copenhagen. The acting president Dominique Mereuze was formally elected president. A new secretary function was added as a practical help for the board and all members. Click on the Board in the left hand column to see the members og the new board.
The meeting covered the further process in attaining the LSA in Europe, where important meetings will take place this month at EASA in Köln.
Jan Fridrich has given us a very useful help in learning radiotelephony for VFR pilots. It is made by the EGAST group and is posted here under Downloads (9.5Mb).
29. september: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (SEP10) is found under Downloads or by clikcking on the MLA Flying in Europe in the left hand column.
05. july: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe (JUN10) is found under Downloads.
06. march: A letter from Hawk Information Services Ltd about “EASA study of microlight regulation within Europe” has been recived by the acting president of EMF. Download the PDF format here.
05. march: The statutes of EMF have been amended by the acting President since they were posted after the meeting in Bremen. Check Downloads for the PDF file (55kB).
05. march: The next Working Conference will take place in Dublin on the weekend 13th and 14th of March. The LSA matter and further process in EASA is one of the important topics to discuss.
08. november: The statutes of EMF have changed after the latest meeting in Bremen. Check Downloads for the new PDF file.
28. october: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads. This file has a date as November 2009 to avoid confusion with the previous one.
06. october: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads.
27. july: The link to MLA Flying in Europe has been changed to avoid spaces (%20).
26. july: Follow Mike Blyth and James Pitman on Google Earth in their flight around the world in the single engine Sling with Rotax 912 ULS and 450 litres og fuel in the wings.
15. july: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads.
02. april: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads.
14. march: The EMF Working Conference in Torino is in progress. Read more
07. march: New dates entered on the Activity list. Updated fax and email address for the president.
27. october: The EMF General Conference in Amsterdam was successfully conducted by the host, and many important topics related to our European future were discusssed in depth. A new Board was elected, and Keith Negal became the new president. More news about the decisions made and new working groups will come as soon as the the minutes are released. The next meeting will take place in Torino 14th and 15th of march next year.
An initial page showing pictures of the conference.
16. october: The EMF meeting at Amsterdam will be held 25th and 36th october as planned. More info about Mode-S and 8.33kHz from EuroControl on the Link page.
26. june: The minutes and annexes of the November 2007 CIMA plenary meeting have now been
published on the FAI web site at: http://www.fai.org/microlight/meetings/2007 Please find attached the attendance list (PDF) of this meeting.
16. june: Keith Negal, treasurer in EMF, has written an article “Latest from Europe” for the BMAA magazine, Microlight Flying.
15. june: Today the NPA 2008-17 was published. NPA 2008/17a has 85 pages and contains the “Explanatory Note and the Appendices”. NPA 2008/17b Part FCL for us is important Subpart B Leisure Pilot Licence LPL – page 11 to page 17. Draft decision AMC (Applicable Means of compliance) and GM (Guidance material) on page 189 to 268. NPA 2008/17c: Part Medical – for us check: MED.A.030 Competence for the issue, revalidation and renewal of medical certificates. The link for downloading is: http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/r/r_npa.php – this site gives overview of all NPAs.
13. March: EMF meeting in Madrid last week-end. New class one of the main issues. Read more
09. March: The Madrid meeting this weekend decided that next General Conference will be arranged in Amsterdam 25 – 26th of october.
09. August: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads.
03. July: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads.
17. June: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads.
06. June: World Air Games 2009 will be held i Torino.
11. April: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads.
29. March: A new updated file MLA Flying in Europe is found under Downloads. This contains information about every European country you may fly into, and who to contact if necessary.
24. March: EMF meeting in Oslo this week-end. Weight is one of the main issues. Read more
13. december: EuroControl/EAS meeting in Brussel 1. December 2006. See all presentations.
29. november: EAS meeting in Brussel 1. December 2006. See EAS presentations.
10. October: Download this ZIP file and open the Read Me A-NPA 14-2006.txt file. This is part of the result achieved at the EMF meeting this weekend where we shall act for a creation of a new class of light aircrafts suitable for a large number of our members. It is very important that every single member will do this simple operation on behalf of ourselves. Click here to open the ZIP file (226kB).
09. October: The General Conference in London completed. BMAA, the Britsh Microlight Aircraft Assosiation of United Kingdom hosted the working conference this week-end at the Air Museum near Hendon north London. More details.
26. september: New “Flying in Europe” file under downloads. See what each country in Europe requires for you to fly in their airspace and who to contact. Click here
12. september: The EMF Board now asks every country’s Micro- or Ultralight unions to submit their opinion on the A-NPA 14/06 as soon as possible. This must be reached the Board and being processed in due time before the next meeting on 7th and 8th of october.
16. August: Finally the EASA A-NPA 14/2006 A concept for better regulation in General Aviation (Aircraft other than Complex Motor Powered Aircraft, used in Non-commercial activities) has been released. This is the result of the meetings and negotiations since March 2006. Commenting is welcomed until 16th of October. Check this link:
15. August: New version of Flying in Europe under Downloads. This PDF file contains all necessary information for flying a Microlight into most European countries.
15. May: Tannkosh 2006 and 30th anniversary of Tannheim Airfield
From July 14th – 16th 2006, this year’s “Tannkosh”-Fly-In will take place in Tannheim. Like in the previous years, the emphasis lays on hosting a great get together of pilots and airplanes and last but not least the party, organized by pilots for pilots. More info
04. April: Planning of the Tour of Italy in July 2006 is proceeding. Read more
03. April: The EMF statutes amended in Prague October 2005 is found under Downloads.
29. March: The Swiss authorities requested a last minute change in the document referenced below. There is lot more detailed requirements in the file. Please download the new version in order to get the proper information before planning a flight to Switzerland after 1st of April. The new file is located under Downloads, just below “MLA flying in Europe” and is marked “29.03.2006”.
27. March: The date of Swiss allowance of European Microlights/ULM is coming up. On the first of April you can fly into this beautiful country. Please download the file Swiss Amendment of 1st April 2006 (under Downloads) and check out the conditions before the flight.
12. March: The Working Conference in Lisbon completed. APAU, the Ultralight Assosiation of Portugal, hosted the working conference this week-end at Hotel Roma. More details.
03. March: The French Accident report 1983 – 2005 shows that normal regulation would probably not have any significant impact on the accident rate versus number of microlights. Take a look at the PPT file from “Downloads” (241kB UK) or (302kB FR).
31. January: Finally Microlights are soon to be allowed in Switzerland. Read more.
15. January: EMF informs the members on the further development on Microlights. Read the President’s notes and the attached links to vital documents. Click here
10. January: A new updated file about Flying Micro Light (MLA) in Europe is posted under Downloads as version January 2006.
13. December: A new updated file about Flying Micro Light (MLA) in Europe is posted under Downloads as version October 2005. It contains info about what to do for flying into other European countries. If you have input to EMF for any change herein, please advice Vice President Rieteke van Luijt, who is the author of this document.
24. November: On the 16th of November the EASA issued a revised version of the EC Regulation 1582/2002 where the 5 % extra weight was allowed for land planes with an airframe mounted total recovery parachute system. The revised document is posted under Downloads in 3 versions, English, German and French.
13. october: President of EMF,Dominique Mereuze, sent a letter to Europe Air Sports (EAS) informing them about the decisions made at the General Conference i Prague. PDF file (25kB) or in French translation (Word file).
10. october: Before the Prague meeting, there has been a strong debate among the member countries in order to solve the problem of heavy microlights. After a long weekend of discussions, the general conference of EMF decided to keep the weight definition as it is today in order to preserve the status for microlight aviaton in Europe. In addition, a working group was established with the aim to promote a new class for the heavier aircrafts in Europe. The new class should be administrated by an national entity similar to the one in charge of the micro light aircrafts (ULM) in order to keep the cost down, and to avoid unnecessary strict rules for this rather simple form of “good weather recreational” aviation.
Read the opening speech of the President, Rieteke van Luijt.
Most of the delegates posing in front of the Ministry of Transport, where the meeting took place.
The EMF meeting – hosted by the Ministry of Transport in their premises.
Praha/Prague – October 2005.